In this article, we take a look at Series 2 of Topps' Flagship series by opening some Hobby packs and getting a feel for the potential players and inserts that can come out of these packs. In our previous article, we opened some hobby packs from Series 1.
We're looking at the design, what players you can potentially get and the ratio of inserts you can potentially expect from these packs. There's plenty of great inserts, autographs and relics for collectors to sink their teeth into. This was also a great series for rookies including:
- Corey Seager
- Giovani Soto
- Kyle Schwarber
- Carl Edwards Jr.
- Aaron Nola
- Kenta Maeda
- Blake Snell (Update)
Along with the modest design, there's plenty of inserts spread throughout the hobby, jumbo and retail packs. The careers of Ken Griffey Jr, and Ichiro are heavily featured and chances are you'll get a few in any box you open. Additional inserts include:
- Rainbow Foil (1:10 hobby packs),
- Gold (/2016),
- Vintage Stock (/99),
- Black (/65),
- Pink (/50),
- Clear (/10),
- Printing Plates,
- Platinum (1/1) and Framed (1/1).
- Black, Printing Plates and Framed cards can’t be found in retail packs. Clear parallels are exclusive to basic hobby packs and aren’t in jumbo or retail.
- Ichiro Chasing 3000 Relics (/10)
- Tribute to the Kid (1:8)
- Hallowed Highlights (15 cards, 1:8), (/10), relics (/25) and autographed relics (/5).
- Berger’s Best with autographs (/25), relics (/99) and autographed relics (/10). There are also Berger’s Best Cut Signatures (1/1).
- Topps Laser (/99), Topps Laser Autographs (/25), Relics (/10) and Autographed Relics (/10)
- 100 Years at Wrigley Field (1:8), Autographs (/25), relics (/99) and autographed relics (/10)
- First Pitch (1:8)
- Bunt Player cards (/25)
We had a great time opening these and hope you have a better idea on what comes out of these. If you're a collector, check out our new site and keep updated on our Beta launch for users to register to buy, sell and collect their favorite collectibles.